There are 2 main factors when seeking to purchase an engagement ring: budget and personal style. When you figure out your wedding ring budget, it’s time to go shopping around for what most consider the most important gift they will ever purchase. We at Schwanke-Kasten Jewelers have some points to help make the ring-purchasing process easier and less stressful.
1. Take notes on the type of jewelry and style that your partner owns and tends to wear most often. What type of metal do they prefer? Are the rings flashy or more toned down? Ask yourself questions like this to formulate the idea of what their perfect engagement ring would be.
2. Once you have a good idea of the style that your partner has, do some window shopping before you actually plan on making a purchase. Make use of all resources that are available to you. The internet is a phenomenal tool for checking out wedding rings from all over the world. Once you have a better idea of what you’re looking for, it’s time to do some actual ring shopping. It’s crucial to start this process early, as it often takes some time to get the right sizing, or to get the customizations you desire.
3. Once you have your engagement ring and you have proposed to your partner, it’s time to search for a wedding band. Wedding bands are generally easier to purchase as it’s not a surprise at this point and you can get some serious input from your partner. It’s a good idea to look for wedding bands that will complement the engagement ring. The wedding band should be simple by nature and not take away from the beauty of the engagement ring.
4. Many think that wedding bands have to match, but that is not the case. It is not breaking any traditions if you prefer gold and your partner prefers platinum. You can choose to purchase different wedding bands. Another good idea is to blend styles that each of you like into one ring. Keep in mind that this will usually take 1-3 months to construct. Even if you decide to have 2 rings with different metals, you should really consider having at least one element of them be similar to really make them a set. Remember, you’ll be wearing these the rest of your lives so make sure they are pieces of jewelry that you will enjoy wearing!
5. Make comfort a top priority in your wedding band. Like it was just stated, you will be wearing these rings for the rest of your lives, so they can’t be uncomfortable, even in the slightest. There are plenty of wedding bands out there that are designed for comfort that are just as exquisite as any other band.
Choosing wedding and engagement rings should be a fun and exciting process. It helps to increase the bond between partners and strengthen relationships. Explore the fine selection of wedding rings and engagement rings from Schwanke Kasten Jewelers….and congratulations!