Day One – Basel, Switzerland – Watch & Jewelry Show

Hello everyone,

I just landed in Zurich for the start of the Basel Watch & Jewelry Show, and realized this is my 12th show since 2000.

Wow is it great here. Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous, and the weather is sunny and 65. It seems as if the whole city is out in the parks drinking beer and eating sausages on a lovely Sunday afternoon. I can’t wait for the first nice spring Sunday in Milwaukee to do the same.Maybe we should have a Schwanke-Kasten Basel Preview in Esterbrook Park Beer Garden when it gets nice out.

Anyway, my first appointment is tomorrow, Monday morning with Rolex. I have already seen the releases such as the Sea Dweller 4000, and Cellini models, but it’s at this meeting when I will get info on pricing and delivery dates… I’m really excited about the Sea Dweller!

While I’m here, I will be looking for opportunities to enhance our newly expanded Bridal area. I think sometimes people forget we have the most wonderful selection of diamond jewelry and engagement rings, and very proud of what we offer.

At 3pm, I meet with Breitling, and hope to get an update on the newest Emergency Watch, and it’s availability for the 2014 EAA. Additionally we will be discussing the details for expanding our Breitling area (and selection) at our Whitefish Bay store.

Then that evening, I’m off to the Rolex 2014 Swiss-American Dinner. I’ll update with more photos in the morning.

Tom